Single Serving-Low Calorie Ranch Tortilla Chips....True Story

Wednesday, January 01, 2014
I'm a fan of chips, but there is something about an open bag in my possession that becomes a problem.  Interventions are staged.  Tears are shed.  It's never a good thing.  So, someone shared this recipe with me this past summer and....oh my, it solved so many of my problems!  You can make a single serving, for just a few calories and the men with the straight jackets, and Dr. Drew and the camera crew take their winter filming schedule elsewhere.  Basically, grab some low calorie corn tortillas.  Spray a pan with some cooking oil spray.  Cut your tortilla into 8 triangles, spray the tops and then sprinkled it with the powder from a package of ranch dressing seasoning and bake at 400 degrees for about 6 minutes (until crisp).  The calories only come from the tortillas.  I've found some that run about 30 calories each, so 16 chips=60 calories (give or take), or 2 WW pointsplus.  As far as how much ranch seasoning....I guess that depends on your love of the ranch flavor.  I love it, so I use almost half of a regular package on 4 total tortillas.  No diets were harmed in the making of these potato chips. 

No comments