Ripping My Heart Out Shirt ;o)

Tuesday, January 28, 2014
 I saw the idea for this shirt on wobisobi.  I adapted it some, but the concept is the same.  I made this for my goddaughter to wear this Valentine's day.
I grabbed a cheap black shirt at the craft store and turned it inside out.  I used some pink fabric left over from another project I made for her, and cut out a shirt and pinned it to the middle of the inside of the front of the shirt.  (That sentence was a little complicated?
 Again, sewing on the inside of the shirt, I sewed around the edge of the heart, then I sewed lines across in one direction at regular intervals.
 THEN I flipped it inside out.  It would have been cute to use pink thread so that the outline showed through the front of the shirt, but I am not, nor do I aspire to be that neat of a sewer anytime soon.  I then took a pair of scissors and I sliced between the lines I sewed to the edge of the heart outline.
 I took my hand and rubbed back and forth so the shirt would start to curl up and you could see even more of the fabric underneath.  Washing it will help as well.  If you did larger lines with the sewing machine, even more would show through as it curled up, but liked the thinner lines.


No comments