Snowman: Melted Snowman Trail Mix

Monday, December 12, 2011
I made this melted snowman mix last year to go along with a friends Snowman related gifts. 
I know there are lots of versions of snowmen mixes, but...this is mine. 
First up, I made some hats using marshmallows, and a dab of chocolate (I was going to dip some oreos as the base, but something happened to my oreos that I can't discuss at this point). 
I ended up just using morsels, marshmallows, wax papers, and some sprinkles. 
I used wax paper, and spooned some melted chocolate into a circle. 
I placed a chocolate covered marshmallow on top.  Added sprinkles, and set in the freezer to harden while I made the rest of the mix. 
I decided I wanted the mix to be covered with snow, so I grabbed some white chocolate morsels, and some other fillers to round out this mix (chex, and peanuts). 
I melted the chocolate, and poured it over this, and tossed.  Before it hardened, I threw in the rest of my melted snowmen (minus the hats), and then I layered it in the jar with the hats intermingled in the mix. 

3 comments

Ms Bingles Vintage Christmas said...

Looks delicious! I think I will try some...thank you for sharing!
Letcia

Erin said...

This is so stinkin' cute!

juliemadtx said...

Yummy! (visiting from TT&J)