Peppermint: Peppermint Bath Scrub

Saturday, December 10, 2011
I blogged about the life altering process of creating this recycled gift jar last Sunday.  I'm pretty sure it changed lives.  Now for the innards.  Last year, around New Year's I made up a batch of pink lemonade body scrubs.  With Christmas looming, and some mint scented oil on hand, I decided to use the same recipe for peppermint scrub (yes, I've seen it on the net as well, and there are about a million ways to make body scrubs, but three ingredients is about my speed, and it really does make your hands soft).  One of my favorites this year (where I got the idea to attach a stick) I've seen I'm linking to below from Malia's blog.   Basically, to make one enough to fill a jar that is 10 oz I mixed 1 1/4 c. sugar and 1/2 c. olive oil.  I added about 1/4 t. of peppermint oil (they sell it at the craft store, or even in the grocery store on the spice aisle...if it can go in your body, it can go on your body).  You can add less according to your scent-preference.  I divided it in half, and added some red food coloring to half of it until I had my desired color (a few drops at a time). 
 I layered in the jar to make it look a little stripe-ee like a peppermint. 
 I sa the idea for stamping a spoon on one of my favorite blogs Yesterday on Tuesday.....Melia mixes up some seriously cute stuff.  She attached spoons to a peppermint scrub she made, and she stamped a message, I fell in love, and followed suit.  Go check her out.  This is also where I should say when it comes to needing different colored inks, a lot of times I just color stamps with a marker to save on money, and additional ink pad storage case.  It works great. 
 Attach stick, attach tag.  Gift. 

5 comments

Tiffany@Fizzy Party! said...

I love this. What a great little gift idea. Thanks for posting this :)

The Roberts said...

This is so cute where did you get the jars?

carla said...

Saw this on Pinterest and had to come check out your blog.

I love it already! So many good ideas, and from a heart that belongs to Jesus. How good can it get?

Unknown said...

I have a question about this: Does the red food coloring come off in the water or onto your body while using?

Other than that I love this idea! It's so cute!

Christy said...

That's never been a problem I've had, but they also sell red dye by the soap in craft stores if you want to just double/triple make Sure it isn't an issue you encounter! :) that def won't!