Christmas Cookies: Santa's Milk and Cookies

Friday, December 02, 2011
Last year, I saw this idea for threading a straw through a cookie, and making it a milk topper at One Charming Party, and I knew I had to add it to my to do list.  When the cookies were just cool enough to be firm, I went ahead and threaded my straws on through the cookies. 

If any crumbs should fall in, it'll just save me the trouble of needing to dunk them. 
I also knew exactly which cookie would be perfect-my cousins, chocolate chip cooks.  They are my very favorite.  Her secret is the combo of butter, and crisco, and now I'm throwing it out there into the world.  Sure, I have the recipe and can make them, but they do taste just a LITTLE bit better when Holly agrees to bake them for me.  I think of all kinds of reasons she should, and because she's a good cousin, she usually goes along with whatever ridiculous event I've created that calls for cookies.  Doesn't everyone celebrate Groundhogs Day with a tray of chocolate chip cookies?  ...and don't even get me started on National Dill Pickle Day....here it is...simple, and fabulously delicious. 
Holly's Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients:
1/2 c. shortening, 1/2 c. butter (softened, but NOT melted), 3/4 c. sugar, 3/4 c. brown sugar, 1 t. vanilla, 2 eggs, 2 1/4 c. flour, 1 t. baking soda, 1 t. salt, 1 regular size bag of chocolate chips. 
Instructions: 
1.  Mix flour, soda, salt, and set aside. 
2.  Soften butter, and shortening. 
3.  Mix shortening, butter, sugar, brown sugar, and then add vanilla, eggs, and combine with flour mix. 
4.  Bake 8-10 minutes in a preheated 375 degree oven.

No comments