Appetizer: Olive Bites

Wednesday, December 28, 2011
This is a really simple way to dress up some olives.  We have a local restaurant called the Pantry, and this is (supposedly) their recipe for this appetizer.  I've seen variations (since I started making these) that add onion powdered, paprika etc to the mix.  I figure you can't really go wrong adding carbs to an appetizer.  It would be cute to serve these in a martini glass....
Ingredients: 
1/2 c. flour, 3 T. butter (softened), 1 c. grated cheese (I used cheddar), 20 olives. 
Instructions:  Mix butter and flour like a pie crust, add cheese.  This is pretty flaky at the beginning.  Take an olive, and wrap the dough about the olive, the butter will help mold the other ingredients to the olive. 
Bake for 10-15 minutes at 350 degrees. 

1 comment

Bunny Wilson said...

Just made these using large martini olives - so very good! I posted on fb and pinned it to my Pinterest. Thanks for the easy delicious appetizer!