Wooden Magnets

Monday, March 09, 2009

I started this little project a month or so back. I had seen these little magnets on a blog (Here: http://angrychicken.typepad.com/angry_chicken/2008/09/magnets.html). I found the little wooden disk at Hobby Lobby, and the magnets at JoAnne's. The row at the bottom I'm planning to make push pins out of (I figured I needed to add my own twist somewhere). I looked for the paper from Martha Stewart shown in the link, but I never did find it at a reasonable price, and when I was making a gift for someone (one of the frames from a previous post, though I didn't post that frame since it still needs to be shipped), there were all these cute little squares of animals and I decided to try these out. I used my Creative Memories punch (Maurine and her Mom sell these goodies, and I use them all the time), and I punched out a few of my favorite animals. They fit perfectly. I did run into one little problem-I put these in a baggie for a month+ and some of them stuck together. There are a few cute animals that didn't make it to the finished product, and some have little battle scars (so don't zoom in). Oh well, it was my first try. I also made a larger magnet using a picture of Lilly. I cut it out to fit the disk, and put diamond glaze on for work). Today I bought some flat marbles and I'm going to try out a second style of magnets.....soon to follow.

3 comments

Thomas Family said...

Glad to see our tools come in handy for multiple projects

Msheepers said...

Do you also like craft stores like Michael's and Hobby Lobby?

Christy said...

I probably go to those two craft stores the most....especially Hobby Lobby. I really went almost every day for a week over Christmas break. I go to both about once a week at the very least....JoAnne's is more of a bi-weekly stop. This is not a good thing, but.....I do really love those stores!!