Sandye and Wolf's Simcha

Thursday, December 21, 2006

This evening Sandye became a Mrs. It was a very unique service, I have been to "Jewish" weddings before, but none of anyone as devote as Sandye, I learned a lot. Wolf is from Mexico, his family immigrated during the holocaust, but he considers himself a Mexican first, so in honor of his heritage, a mariachi band played and I got to witness the bedecking, which was very beautiful, I could tell how much Wolf loves Sandye. After the Rabbi gave a speech we then entered into a room for the ceremony that took place under the huppa. The procession was very different from any I have seen before, and there were a lot of chants and symbolic exchanges and a signing of the Katuba (spelling?). The few lines that Sandye recited were some very beautiful verses from the Old Testament "I am my beloved, and my beloved is mine..." After the service we followed the couple out and they went to another room for some alone time (this has a name, but I don't know what it is). We entered another room for dinner and lots and lots and lots of dancing to begin the evening. I got a small lesson in the steps that lead you around the circle surrounding the couple, and it was fun to see the couple lifted into the chair next to the groom. Sandye was an absolutely stunning bride. My camera did not do well in this environment, this is the best shot I have, but you can get a feel for the back of her dress that is bustled here. She wore a smile throughout the reception. I left before the evening concluded out of sheer exhaustion, but it looks like they were dancing it up. I can't wait to watch them grow as a couple and as a family.

1 comment

Msheepers said...

Oh. Wow.

I didn't realize that she already got married...