Happy New Year's Eve 2006!

Sunday, December 31, 2006
I use this time to reflect on the past year, and to make resolutions for the new year ahead, and then by February I start thinking about chocolates, and hearts, and vacation and it'll be 11 more months before I get this time of reflection again. I also write down my resolutions, so some years it's a little disheartening to read Dec 31. The sermon this week at church was a great thought launch pad for me, it won't be the projections we make on this side of the old year, but the principles that will impact our life in 2007 and if we change what needs to be changed, hold tight to what is going well and utilize the next 365 chances we have to change the directions of our life, and/or carry through with the course we have set that is right for our life it should be a "Happy New Year!" One thing that keeps getting emphasized in my heart this holiday season as I wrote and received all the well wishes for a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, is the fact that in 2007, though I knowI will have a great year of wonderful adventures to report next December, and my prayer is for that in each of your lives, there will definitely be times of difficulties, but I need to keep my eye on what God is doing in my life regardless of the circumstance in my life at any given day, or year, I can embrace the future with confidence and hope. Philippians 1:6 "[For I am] confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus."

No comments