A Day in Big D-Lydia, Holly and Christy

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Today Lydia, Holly and I headed out to lunch at Antares-A Dallas must....we spun around the city once and ate lunch and then headed off to the Nashar Sculpture Center (I have a slide show for those of you wanting more photos, most of them are not what one would normally find at the museum :O)....I'm including a few on the blog so you get the idea. When I first went to the Nashar, the sculpture "Walking to the Sky" was the big deal, it can be seen from the highway....and the picture doesn't do it justice, but you get the general idea. We studied a little "Art Appreciation" for the first

two and a half hours of our journey in and around the museum, but about 15 minutes before closing time, we decided to try our hand at a little "Art Interpretation." These are just a few of our thoughts and ideas, I'd hate to see what a little more time would have done for our inspiration. After the Nashar we headed back towards the American Airline Center where we met up with the rest of the family for the Mavs Vs. Clippers game, it was a complete slaughter and at one point (before the forth team and, what I suspect may have been some random fans from the bleachers came in to play) we were up by more than 40! All in all-a good day in Dallas!

4 comments

Msheepers said...

I am SO proud to see you in a photo posted on your blog!

:)

Christy said...

Holly made the comment, as I was snapping photos, that we needed to get one of me, I'm always HOLDING the camera.....so we made a point to get Lydia to snap a few photos.....that seems to be a common theme in my comment section :O)....

Anonymous said...

I've never even hear of this place....I wanna go!!

Christy said...

It's relatively new, very fabulous, neat sculptures, you would love it, I have a whole album, but I'm starting you out with baby steps....catching up on December blogs is a huge step for you, and I fear too much would cause a regression ;oÞ